How to fix audio issues in MS Teams after upgrade to Win 11

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-01T12:42:04+00:00

Hello community,

we are currently rolling out Win 11 (Enterprise 22H2) for our users and more and more are starting to complain about audio problems since the upgrade to Win 11.

For the most part we use Jabra Evolve 65 and 75 headsets, which are certified for Teams (they worked fine with Teams and Win 10).

Reported issues (happening in meetings and calls):

  • Users mic working, but cant hear his counterpart.
  • Users mic not working, but can hear his counterpart.
  • No audio at all, sometimes right from the start of the call, sometimes cuts out during the call. User gets a notification that there is an issue with his audio device.
  • Audio works fine but after x minutes, the call is dropped and user has restart his PC to get audio working again.

There are no audio issues with other apps like phone app or when watching a video.

We updated audio drivers, updated firmware of the audio devices. Cleared Teams cache, reinstalled Teams, made sure its running the current version. Checked windows audio settings (sometimes people manage to connect the headset via usb dongle and directly to laptops bluetooh at the same time, which can cause problems). We also asked the users to connect their headset with the usb cable instead of the dongle. Nothing helped.

I had one user working with Teams in the browser for a few days and he didnt report any problems there. So maybe its a Teams client issue?

If anyone has an idea for me on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, since Win 11 rollout is still going on and more and more users will be affected by this. Which I am not looking forward too :)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-16T13:14:03+00:00

    So far the only legitimate fix I've seen posted has been to downgrade back to Win10 of those who have reported a successful fix, doh!

    I'm trying to get corporate to grant me a downgrade to Win10 myself, I've concluded that Win11 is about as good as Win9 was, shrug.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-27T15:33:54+00:00

    Hello Amro,

    I have the exact same issue! Jabra Evolve 2 65, Auio problems and crashes since I have a new Win 11 Laptop. Win 10 worked and still works fine. Setting it up to be the main audio devoce does not help. Please look into this.

    Best regards

    Heinz

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T06:11:33+00:00

    Hi Amro,

    thanks for your reply.

    We usually have it configured so that the laptops speakers are the main audio output device (e.g. for playing videos).

    The headset is the standard communication device for audio output (e.g. for Teams or softphone)

    Headsets mic is set as the main audio input device.

    Do you think setting the headset as the main audio device will fix this issue?

    The way I described it worked fine with Win 10 and isnt causing any issues under Win 11, except for Teams.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T15:23:48+00:00

    Facing exactly the same issue, using a Dell Latitude 5430 and different headsets (Jabra Evolve 65 , JBL FREEE II and JBL TUNE510BT).

    Tried everything, including reset to factory installation without nothing else - only Windows 11 PRO + 365 - just a few minutes of utilization and the same behavior of crash after some calls.

    I am trying now a new test using the "NEW TEAMS" client to evaluate if makes difference

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-01T13:24:17+00:00

    Hi Stephan,

    I'm Amro, a fellow Microsoft user and I’m happy to look into this for you.

    Check your computer's Bluetooth settings:

    Make sure your Jabra headset is set as the default audio device for both the speaker and microphone in your computer's Bluetooth settings.

    I hope this helps, please feel free to reply to this if you need any further Assistance.

    Kindly

    Amro

    0 comments No comments