Can the menu bar be moved during a teams call?

Anonymous
2023-06-02T01:18:32+00:00

I want to know if I can move the menu bar from the top of the teams window to the bottom? I have my camera at the top of my screen, and want faces to be as close to the top as possible so I am almost looking into the camera lens. Is this possible? Couldn't find way to adjust in settings.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:08:15+00:00

    I'm genuinely baffled by the design choices in Microsoft Teams, particularly when it comes to screen sharing. The top menu bar becomes a major hindrance, as it obscures browser tabs and other important screen elements. It's beyond me why there isn't an option to customize or move this menu. This lack of flexibility in the interface design not only hampers usability but also indicates a disregard for user experience. It's high time developers paid more attention to these practical aspects, ensuring that tools are not just feature-rich but also user-friendly. I hope Microsoft takes note of this and implements a more thoughtful design in future updates.

    Quoted for truth. Why kind of garbage design is this? Can't move the presenter bar? Must leave it on top of web browser tabs? Zoom implemented this feature ages ago, get with it Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T13:55:52+00:00

    I'm genuinely baffled by the design choices in Microsoft Teams, particularly when it comes to screen sharing. The top menu bar becomes a major hindrance, as it obscures browser tabs and other important screen elements. It's beyond me why there isn't an option to customize or move this menu. This lack of flexibility in the interface design not only hampers usability but also indicates a disregard for user experience. It's high time developers paid more attention to these practical aspects, ensuring that tools are not just feature-rich but also user-friendly. I hope Microsoft takes note of this and implements a more thoughtful design in future updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T22:15:24+00:00

    The banner, when I'm sharing my screen, gets in the way of web browser tabs, making me have to get the browser out of max mode, change tabs and put it back into max mode quite often. Please fix this so I can hide the top menu bar when I'm presenting. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T10:16:38+00:00

    Hi Emily

    On the subject of the Teams Whiteboard toolbar, within Templates, the ability to save and share templates seems to have disappeared along with the folder 'my templates'? Do you happen to know if it's still possible to save, reuse and share templates with the updated whiteboard?

    Thanks for any help that you can offer - David

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. EmilyS726 269.8K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-06-02T01:53:59+00:00

    Hello Luke, this is Emily.

    I'm sorry, but it is not currently possible to move the menu bar from the top of the Teams window to the bottom. The menu bar is a fixed element of the Teams interface and cannot be customized or moved. I will suggest that you use the feedback feature to submit this as a feedback. Click on the Help button on the lower left in Teams, then click on Give Feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments