Using Microsoft Teams on macOS, including installation, features, and compatibility
Is your IT department able to submit a ticket to Microsoft?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
UPDATE: I was forced to clear my OS and start over. Recovering from Time Machine brought over too many support files even when being picky. I have re-installed Teams from an old installer in a previous Time Machine entry and I am able to log in. This may not last though. This was obviously extreme and I hope you all do not have to do the same.
Teams for Mac recently updated and totally broke the functionality of Teams. I do not have connectivity to my work account at all. I had deleted all Teams file on 8/8 and reinstalled the Teams Classic which worked well. I came back to my computer later that afternoon and the new Teams had reinstalled itself. I went out of office until today and I have a repear error of "We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue."
This is a Teams technical issue due to the repetitive error and my ability to sign in via iOS and web with the same credtentials on the same network, and in once case, the same machine.
Teams version 24193.1708.3043.1759
Client version 50/24071128823
Using Microsoft Teams on macOS, including installation, features, and compatibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Is your IT department able to submit a ticket to Microsoft?
Thats the version I have. Deleted it multiple times. I signed out in the desktop version as IT told me to and it will not let me sign back in and get this error message:
**Correlation Id:**2b4b3694-a931-47b7-9b90-403dee717739 Timestamp:2024-09-19T17:19:45.000ZDPTI:2a4e512eef2b4954ebde20d9712f972af70641a459d628d75afcd41ec333748eError Tag:4ut3yError Code:-1001
I upgraded Teams to Version 24231.507.3099.9636 (24231.507.3099.9636) a couple of days ago and (knock on wood) so far have not had the issue again. Previously I was typically having it multiple times a day and would have to sign completely out and back in to fix.
Same problem since install MacOS Seqouia!
Would not let me join a teams meeting I was hosting but would on the browser version.
Could not authenticate me.
If we were to disable internet security surely that would compromise our security and leave us vulnerable?
We must get a fix for this.
I think that I may have a solution. Im not a technical person, but know Apple products. I took a chance and disabled the Apple provided internet security. Things such as the firewall, Private Relay, and other filters. Then I rebooted and restarted my Teams app. It has been more than a week, and knock on wood, it seems to be still running. My onedrive is also still running.
Not sure if this was the conflict, but I will take even the smallest of wins.