Using Microsoft Teams on macOS, including installation, features, and compatibility
This is just a temporary fix since the issue will usually return after a day or 2, sometimes sooner. This seems to be a bug and Microsoft needs to provide a fix.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
UPDATE: I was forced to clear my OS and start over. Recovering from Time Machine brought over too many support files even when being picky. I have re-installed Teams from an old installer in a previous Time Machine entry and I am able to log in. This may not last though. This was obviously extreme and I hope you all do not have to do the same.
Teams for Mac recently updated and totally broke the functionality of Teams. I do not have connectivity to my work account at all. I had deleted all Teams file on 8/8 and reinstalled the Teams Classic which worked well. I came back to my computer later that afternoon and the new Teams had reinstalled itself. I went out of office until today and I have a repear error of "We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue."
This is a Teams technical issue due to the repetitive error and my ability to sign in via iOS and web with the same credtentials on the same network, and in once case, the same machine.
Teams version 24193.1708.3043.1759
Client version 50/24071128823
Using Microsoft Teams on macOS, including installation, features, and compatibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is just a temporary fix since the issue will usually return after a day or 2, sometimes sooner. This seems to be a bug and Microsoft needs to provide a fix.
I have the same issue. However when I go into the library and application support/Microsoft, all that pops up is a folder called vcxpc
I did a clean install and found the installer for Teams Classic. So far so good. It goes dark in 28 days though.
Edit: Clean install of the OS.
Ugh....so about an hour after I posted this I got the authentication error again (Teams and OneDrive). So whatever the problem is, it's not solved yet.
I've also had this issue for nearly two months, my internal IT team has sent different Mac machines to me etc, thought it could be related to internal accounts. We have done all of the above troubleshooting as well - clear cache, reinstall teams, and reinstall whole office suite as precaution. I sometimes have to sign into and out of teams multiple times per day to try and resolve this issue and it keeps coming back! I'm just happy to see that others are experiencing this and I'm not losing my mind! This is the first thread I've found related to the problem so hoping we see a resolution from Microsoft ASAP it's very frustrating when teams decides to no longer work multiple times a day when I rely on it for client calls!