Teams will not fully "hang up" and release my Bluetooth Headset

Anonymous
2023-02-04T03:38:27+00:00

With issue for a few years, I have been using a Jabra 65 Evolve headset with Microsoft Teams on the same Windows 10 Laptop. In the last few weeks, I have had problems where after exiting a Teams meeting, the Teams software is not fully hanging up. Upon exiting via the the "Leave" button in the Teams Window or Hanging up with a long-press of the Jabra Headset button, the meeting and the meeting window will close and appear to have fully ended, but my headset is still "connected" appearing to be part of a meeting. While in this connected state, the headset will not connect to another Bluetooth device (like my mobile phone). It will stay in this state indefinitely and will only respond/connect if I enter another Teams meeting.

The only fix I have found is when I fully exit Teams. Once I do that, the headset is fully released/hung up and connects back to my Mobile phone. Only after exiting Teams and then reloading Teams does the headset work properly and pair back up with the headset while also being paired with my mobile phone.

I believe this is a Teams problem only because anything I try with the Jabra headset or software does not change the state of the headset. The headset still appears connected even if I unplug the Jabra Link 370 dongle and then plug it back in. Again, only after I fully exit/shutdown Teams and then restart Teams is the headset for use like it had been for the years before. My ticket to Jabra states this is a Microsoft Teams problem (of course).

Laptop LENOVO ThinkPad T15 Gen 1

Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.1381 (64-bit)

Jabra Evolve Headset Firmware 2.97.0

Jabra Link 370 Firmware 1.87.0

Jabra Direct Software 6.5.31801

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-08T21:05:06+00:00

    This issue was fixed for me a couple months ago, but now it's back and even worse than before. All relevant software is current. Regardless of what I try, Teams will not let go of my Bluetooth headset after a meeting. I think a reboot of my laptop will release my headset, but - for business reasons - I leave my laptop on during the work week and it's a chore to get back up and running if I need to reboot. This keeps me from using other applications on my laptop and also from making calls from my mobile phone. This is beyond frustrating. It keeps me from performing my job.

    I have the following equipment:

    USB dongle: Plantronics BT600

    Headset: Plantronics Voyager 8200

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T12:29:47+00:00

    I've had the problem as described. The workarounds suggested worked.

    Since a few days the problem seems to be solved.

    My Teams says:

    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.4422 (64-bit)-E. It was last updated on 2023-02-15.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T09:36:02+00:00

    I'm having the same issue with Sennheiser SDW 5066 wireless headset.

    Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.1381 (64-bit)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-13T09:16:57+00:00

    another workaround: start SW Jabra Direct -> select USB Jabra Link 370 -> disable Softphone integraton (Bluetooth)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T17:19:10+00:00

    Good find. It is a pain, but better than shutting down Teams. Thanks for posting!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments