Video not working on my end only in new Teams Beta

Anonymous
2023-08-10T18:09:22+00:00
  • I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop.
  • Teams works great on the old version on both machines.
  • Teams Beta works on the laptop, but not correctly on my desktop (same tenant, same network, which eliminates several possible issues)
  • On my desktop when using the new Teams Beta:
    • Video works when configuring my settings and when launching a new meeting I see video preview fine, before others join.
    • When others join audio works perfectly, but I only see black instead of their video, and my video is frozen in the top right corner of the window. But everyone else on the call sees my video fine, so the camera is working.
    • If I share a desktop or window on my computer their video minimizes to the the lower right corner of my monitor as expected, and I can see their video!

Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.

No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-09T19:34:05+00:00

Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T13:07:36+00:00

    I seem to have fixed this issue on my PC. The event log had a number of messages stating that "The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly". I added the reg key as per this link and now video is working on my "New" Teams install.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-camera-frame-server-service-terminated/1d922a3e-3bea-4eb0-a506-72479e830998

    YMMV....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T14:01:50+00:00

    I followed the steps, but still does not work for me.

    Step 1:

    Step 2: reboot.

    But it still has a black-video window:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T19:54:39+00:00

    Same problem here.

    I work from home 2 days a week. I need Teams to work correctly when I'm there. I have a great setup for work at home, but can't use it for any meetings, of which I have many, because of this bug that Microsoft doesn't even acknowledge. We recently got my entire org to adopt Teams and use it regularly, and now this new version comes out and kills a basic function.

    The silence from MS on this is unfortunate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T15:07:10+00:00

    Same issue as everyone else. Ugh. People can hear and see me, I can hear them but I can't see them. The web client is fine as is the old Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments