Video not working on my end only in new Teams Beta

Anonymous
2023-08-10T18:09:22+00:00
  • I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop.
  • Teams works great on the old version on both machines.
  • Teams Beta works on the laptop, but not correctly on my desktop (same tenant, same network, which eliminates several possible issues)
  • On my desktop when using the new Teams Beta:
    • Video works when configuring my settings and when launching a new meeting I see video preview fine, before others join.
    • When others join audio works perfectly, but I only see black instead of their video, and my video is frozen in the top right corner of the window. But everyone else on the call sees my video fine, so the camera is working.
    • If I share a desktop or window on my computer their video minimizes to the the lower right corner of my monitor as expected, and I can see their video!

Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.

No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-09T19:34:05+00:00

Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T18:54:52+00:00

    I was so hopeful because it seemed to work at first. Video was on for both of us, and when I shared it worked for the other person, with their video in a smaller window. However, when they shared anything on their screen, my screen went entirely black. I couldn't see their share, their video, or my video. And there was no getting it back until we hung up and started over. Back to square one, but at least it all works in a web browser. Just killing me I can't use the Teams app. It's inconvenient to constantly have to go to the web browser. The new multi-tenant stuff in Teams is awesome as I am in 3 orgs, but what a hassle for this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T19:01:20+00:00

    Experiencing the same issue on my Desktop with the new Teams. Completely quitting and restarting teams process helps for the first call, but then if the person on the other side for example initiates sharing then all video windows go solid black or grey (including my own camera view). Video will then be broken in all calls until the app is killed and restarted. My camera keeps working and people can see me, but I can't see anything. I have an ATI Radeon R9 200 Series and 21.5.2 which the Radeon updater says is the latest for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-26T20:18:32+00:00

    I am having the exact same issues/experience. On one hand, I'm glad to see so many others having this issue. Classic Teams still works consistently, so that's what I'm staying with for now. I hope this gets fixed before new Teams is forced on everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments