Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.
No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.
Please help!
Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me
Hi there, JaMaWe.
Dealing with video issues in Microsoft Teams Beta can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:
Check Camera Settings: Make sure that your camera is properly configured and selected as the video input device in both the Teams settings and the Windows settings.
Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause video issues. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website.
Browser Compatibility: Teams Beta might behave differently on different browsers. Ensure you're using a supported and up-to-date browser for Teams Beta.
Clear Browser Cache: Sometimes browser cache can cause issues. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try using Teams Beta again.
Use Desktop App: If you're using Teams Beta through a web browser, try using the Teams desktop app. This might help isolate whether the issue is browser-related.
Try a Different User Profile: Create a new user profile on your desktop and test Teams Beta there. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your user profile.
Check Privacy Settings: Make sure your browser or system privacy settings are not blocking camera access for Teams Beta.
Check Network Connection: Stable and reliable network connectivity is crucial for video calls. Ensure that your network connection is stable and has sufficient bandwidth for video calls.
Disable Browser Extensions: Browser extensions can sometimes interfere with website functionality. Temporarily disable any browser extensions and see if the issue persists.
Contact Support: If the issue persists despite trying these steps, consider reaching out to Microsoft Teams support. They might be able to provide more specific assistance based on your setup and configuration. Contacting support: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/contacting-support-for-a-microsoft-account-bb65aa6a-9135-31df-0b36-d6318d6f4e0f
Switch Back to Old Version: If you need to use Teams and the issue isn't resolved, you might have to switch back to the old version until the Teams Beta issues are resolved or until you're able to troubleshoot more effectively.
Monitor Updates: Keep an eye on updates and announcements regarding Teams Beta. Sometimes issues are identified and resolved in subsequent updates.
Remember to document the steps you've taken and any changes you've made during the troubleshooting process. This can be helpful if you need to reach out to support or if you decide to switch back to the old version temporarily.
Regards, Wandile
This was helpful, thank you, but I've tried everything on the list and have had to switch back to the old version, per one of your last notes. I would very much like to contact support, as I think this is a specific issue, but the link you provided me seems to only link to Microsoft Account support, nothing related to Teams Beta. Can you provide a link to support for my needs?
I am experiencing the same issue in the beta version of Teams, but I have found the issue primarily with channel meetings. In most video calls with individuals or calls started from group chats, the video works fine, but it's consistently a problem with video meetings that are connected to team channels, whether it's a big group meeting or just a meeting with one person.
My issue presents similarly, where my video preview looks fine before I join the meeting, but once I join, I see only a frozen screen of my own video, surrounded by black space where the other participants' video feeds should be. My audio clearly works fine, and nobody else seems to notice any issue with my video feed on their end.
To work around this issue, I've been opening the browser version of Teams when the issue occurs and re-joining the meeting there, but it's pretty inconvenient for me and anyone waiting on me.
Edit: I'm also having an issue with screensharing that I assume is related but happens across all video meetings (even chat / one-on-one calls). Anytime someone I'm in a call with tries to screenshare, the screen goes blank where the screenshare should be, and our videos freeze. I keep having to tell people I'll call them right back once I open Teams in the browser 😓
Ugh, yeah. Good idea. Easier to use the web browser version than the old teams, except the ability to view a larger group is poor so it will only work some of the time. Thanks, and I hope this all gets resolved. I really do like the new version otherwise.