Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.
No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.
Please help!
Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I was so hopeful because it seemed to work at first. Video was on for both of us, and when I shared it worked for the other person, with their video in a smaller window. However, when they shared anything on their screen, my screen went entirely black. I couldn't see their share, their video, or my video. And there was no getting it back until we hung up and started over. Back to square one, but at least it all works in a web browser. Just killing me I can't use the Teams app. It's inconvenient to constantly have to go to the web browser. The new multi-tenant stuff in Teams is awesome as I am in 3 orgs, but what a hassle for this issue.
I appear to have fixed it. Hopefully posting the details here won't jinx myself.
First, I'm running Win11 on a non-domain connected MSI laptop with a 47" Ultrawide Samsung monitor connected to a GTX 3060 adapter. I mention this not for bragging rights, but I had considered that either my mini DP connector from the laptop to the screen was an issue. I also dragged the video screen from the big screen to the laptop, to see if that was a factor. It wasn't. Also tried to isolate and ensure the Teams app was using my integrated Intel Xe graphics adapter vs the Nvidia adapter. That didn't seem to make a difference.
Annoyingly, what appears to have fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling Teams. But I did so in a deliberate manner.
What was interesting is, I did not see an option to download the Teams client from the webpage. My goal was to ensure I was downloading from the right source, that I wasn't using my old Teams for personal use or anything else like that. I also didn't like the lack of specificity from the App Store, so I went to teams.microsoft.com/downloads and selected to install "Teams for work or school" on the x64 platform.
And it worked. Mostly.
But wait, there is more... it told me that I didn't have rights to this org for my primary work account. I have that O365 account, a personal subscription, plus 3 other non-profit tenants/organizations I support. Long story short, since this is my personal device accessing my primary work O365 account, the app thought I was trying to access it with my personal O365 account. I had to sign out of everything, in Teams, then sign back in.
After ensuring I had "signed out" of my live.com account in Teams, I could correctly access all the other orgs without having to use separate Edge profiles.
And video calling worked as expected.
My guess is app or component conflicts between various editions and accounts. Or for my fellow geezers out there, it was maybe a DLL conflict :)
Either way, its working for me... today. We will see what tomorrow brings.
Dear Microsoft,
Please add to your Teams installer an "old version cleanup" process to make everyone's life easier when rolling out new things like this. Or a special app Admin's can add to the GPOs to clean up old versions before pushing out new versions.
Sincerely, Everyone.
Same here, wouldn't be bothered, but you will be shoving the new version down our throats next year and it is not working like it should. Also a high End Nvidia Card, Even reinstalled the entire machine, problem remains. Please fix before you push this new teams client. And keep the old client available and a little more easy to find! I installed it besides the new version and the old version works like a charm.