Video not working on my end only in new Teams Beta

Anonymous
2023-08-10T18:09:22+00:00
  • I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop.
  • Teams works great on the old version on both machines.
  • Teams Beta works on the laptop, but not correctly on my desktop (same tenant, same network, which eliminates several possible issues)
  • On my desktop when using the new Teams Beta:
    • Video works when configuring my settings and when launching a new meeting I see video preview fine, before others join.
    • When others join audio works perfectly, but I only see black instead of their video, and my video is frozen in the top right corner of the window. But everyone else on the call sees my video fine, so the camera is working.
    • If I share a desktop or window on my computer their video minimizes to the the lower right corner of my monitor as expected, and I can see their video!

Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.

No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-09T19:34:05+00:00

Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T19:27:06+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue as originally reported. Sad to see this was reported back in August and now it's January and no movement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T01:48:42+00:00

    I am in the same situation as some of those reported.

    I have one laptop and one desktop(Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti).

    Laptop is working. Desktop is not working.

    Recently its behavior is bit changed.

    I tried New teams on 1on1 meeting, the video was working.

    (Last year the video was always not working)

    I tried it on five members, unfortunately it was not working.

    And I found the interesting information.

    End of availability for classic Teams client - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

    According to the article, classic Teams client will end 31 March 2024.

    So I need to seriously consider quitting desktop PCs or stop using Teams.

    Hopefully this will be resolved by the end date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-12T13:27:03+00:00

    i'm having the same issue, indiviual call are working.

    Meeting Video is not working.

    screensharing isn't working, to be able to see it, i have to popout the screen and I can see the screenshare

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T19:52:36+00:00

    Ouch, this is awful. Now I am reverting to the Edge browser version for all meetings. This sucks, Teams used to work. I hope this is fixed soon. I am really rooting for every other piece of what I am seeing here. Just shocked it broke so badly when the old version didn't have this issue.

    Windows 11

    NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments