Video not working on my end only in new Teams Beta

Anonymous
2023-08-10T18:09:22+00:00
  • I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop.
  • Teams works great on the old version on both machines.
  • Teams Beta works on the laptop, but not correctly on my desktop (same tenant, same network, which eliminates several possible issues)
  • On my desktop when using the new Teams Beta:
    • Video works when configuring my settings and when launching a new meeting I see video preview fine, before others join.
    • When others join audio works perfectly, but I only see black instead of their video, and my video is frozen in the top right corner of the window. But everyone else on the call sees my video fine, so the camera is working.
    • If I share a desktop or window on my computer their video minimizes to the the lower right corner of my monitor as expected, and I can see their video!

Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.

No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-09T19:34:05+00:00

Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T18:40:12+00:00

    It's now November and this issue persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T22:21:27+00:00

    Same issues here, and same having to use the Web based version or roll back to old teams. Been this way for months now, and MS doesn't seen to be actively fixing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T19:20:05+00:00

    Ugh, yeah. Good idea. Easier to use the web browser version than the old teams, except the ability to view a larger group is poor so it will only work some of the time. Thanks, and I hope this all gets resolved. I really do like the new version otherwise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-24T15:50:07+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue in the beta version of Teams, but I have found the issue primarily with channel meetings. In most video calls with individuals or calls started from group chats, the video works fine, but it's consistently a problem with video meetings that are connected to team channels, whether it's a big group meeting or just a meeting with one person.

    My issue presents similarly, where my video preview looks fine before I join the meeting, but once I join, I see only a frozen screen of my own video, surrounded by black space where the other participants' video feeds should be. My audio clearly works fine, and nobody else seems to notice any issue with my video feed on their end.

    To work around this issue, I've been opening the browser version of Teams when the issue occurs and re-joining the meeting there, but it's pretty inconvenient for me and anyone waiting on me.

    Edit: I'm also having an issue with screensharing that I assume is related but happens across all video meetings (even chat / one-on-one calls). Anytime someone I'm in a call with tries to screenshare, the screen goes blank where the screenshare should be, and our videos freeze. I keep having to tell people I'll call them right back once I open Teams in the browser 😓

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments