Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.
No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.
Please help!
Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me
I appear to have fixed it. Hopefully posting the details here won't jinx myself.
First, I'm running Win11 on a non-domain connected MSI laptop with a 47" Ultrawide Samsung monitor connected to a GTX 3060 adapter. I mention this not for bragging rights, but I had considered that either my mini DP connector from the laptop to the screen was an issue. I also dragged the video screen from the big screen to the laptop, to see if that was a factor. It wasn't. Also tried to isolate and ensure the Teams app was using my integrated Intel Xe graphics adapter vs the Nvidia adapter. That didn't seem to make a difference.
Annoyingly, what appears to have fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling Teams. But I did so in a deliberate manner.
What was interesting is, I did not see an option to download the Teams client from the webpage. My goal was to ensure I was downloading from the right source, that I wasn't using my old Teams for personal use or anything else like that. I also didn't like the lack of specificity from the App Store, so I went to teams.microsoft.com/downloads and selected to install "Teams for work or school" on the x64 platform.
And it worked. Mostly.
But wait, there is more... it told me that I didn't have rights to this org for my primary work account. I have that O365 account, a personal subscription, plus 3 other non-profit tenants/organizations I support. Long story short, since this is my personal device accessing my primary work O365 account, the app thought I was trying to access it with my personal O365 account. I had to sign out of everything, in Teams, then sign back in.
After ensuring I had "signed out" of my live.com account in Teams, I could correctly access all the other orgs without having to use separate Edge profiles.
And video calling worked as expected.
My guess is app or component conflicts between various editions and accounts. Or for my fellow geezers out there, it was maybe a DLL conflict :)
Either way, its working for me... today. We will see what tomorrow brings.
Dear Microsoft,
Please add to your Teams installer an "old version cleanup" process to make everyone's life easier when rolling out new things like this. Or a special app Admin's can add to the GPOs to clean up old versions before pushing out new versions.
Sincerely, Everyone.
Another one here, same issue since the New Teams beta started and it hasn't gone away. Old Teams works fine. RTX 3060Ti here.
This was helpful, thank you, but I've tried everything on the list and have had to switch back to the old version, per one of your last notes. I would very much like to contact support, as I think this is a specific issue, but the link you provided me seems to only link to Microsoft Account support, nothing related to Teams Beta. Can you provide a link to support for my needs?
Hi there, JaMaWe.
Dealing with video issues in Microsoft Teams Beta can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:
Check Camera Settings: Make sure that your camera is properly configured and selected as the video input device in both the Teams settings and the Windows settings.
Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause video issues. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website.
Browser Compatibility: Teams Beta might behave differently on different browsers. Ensure you're using a supported and up-to-date browser for Teams Beta.
Clear Browser Cache: Sometimes browser cache can cause issues. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try using Teams Beta again.
Use Desktop App: If you're using Teams Beta through a web browser, try using the Teams desktop app. This might help isolate whether the issue is browser-related.
Try a Different User Profile: Create a new user profile on your desktop and test Teams Beta there. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your user profile.
Check Privacy Settings: Make sure your browser or system privacy settings are not blocking camera access for Teams Beta.
Check Network Connection: Stable and reliable network connectivity is crucial for video calls. Ensure that your network connection is stable and has sufficient bandwidth for video calls.
Disable Browser Extensions: Browser extensions can sometimes interfere with website functionality. Temporarily disable any browser extensions and see if the issue persists.
Contact Support: If the issue persists despite trying these steps, consider reaching out to Microsoft Teams support. They might be able to provide more specific assistance based on your setup and configuration. Contacting support: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/contacting-support-for-a-microsoft-account-bb65aa6a-9135-31df-0b36-d6318d6f4e0f
Switch Back to Old Version: If you need to use Teams and the issue isn't resolved, you might have to switch back to the old version until the Teams Beta issues are resolved or until you're able to troubleshoot more effectively.
Monitor Updates: Keep an eye on updates and announcements regarding Teams Beta. Sometimes issues are identified and resolved in subsequent updates.
Remember to document the steps you've taken and any changes you've made during the troubleshooting process. This can be helpful if you need to reach out to support or if you decide to switch back to the old version temporarily.
Regards, Wandile