Video not working on my end only in new Teams Beta

Anonymous
2023-08-10T18:09:22+00:00
  • I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop.
  • Teams works great on the old version on both machines.
  • Teams Beta works on the laptop, but not correctly on my desktop (same tenant, same network, which eliminates several possible issues)
  • On my desktop when using the new Teams Beta:
    • Video works when configuring my settings and when launching a new meeting I see video preview fine, before others join.
    • When others join audio works perfectly, but I only see black instead of their video, and my video is frozen in the top right corner of the window. But everyone else on the call sees my video fine, so the camera is working.
    • If I share a desktop or window on my computer their video minimizes to the the lower right corner of my monitor as expected, and I can see their video!

Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.

No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-09T19:34:05+00:00

Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T21:25:44+00:00

    Yes, I am still experiencing this with the desktop app beta version of Teams. Video is blank for all meeting attendees, and anytime a screen is presented the contents are blank. I have to "popout" the content to another window before it is visible, and then leave the room and rejoin if I want to see content of the person whom shares next.

    I've since re-installed the non-beta teams and everything works correctly. A team mate of mine also experiences this consistently with the desktop beta app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T16:10:51+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments