Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T14:10:48+00:00

    I had the same problem and none of these solutions worked for me. What did work was using my second phone. I opened the Microsoft authenticator on the first phone and when it asked me for my code, I accessed the Microsoft authenticator on the second phone and got the code. I then input the code on the first phone and everything was sorted!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T20:08:41+00:00

    Thanks for responding. Were you signed in on the second phone? Just asking before trying it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T12:01:38+00:00

    I don't exactly remember. What I do remember is that I went to Google Play and had to enable the authenticator (it was already downloaded). I do not remember entering a code and cannot see how I could have done so if it had asked for one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-24T14:02:13+00:00

    In case anyone needs this with the new iphone 16- i had the same issue, spoke with IT at my firm. They said the issue is that microsoft authenticator actually anchors to the original phone it was installed on. So the authenticator it wants you to open is actually on the OLD phone. Unfortunately I had wiped the old phone but the IT admin at my job is able to unlock it from the old phone and can give a QR code to install into the new phone. So my only advice is to call IT, you need to have admin privileges to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T20:51:42+00:00

    I keep trying to sign into Minecraft and it's keep sending me back where it's saying Minecraft is not responding

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments