Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T13:29:45+00:00

    This isn't helpful because I am the admin. There's only one person on my 365 account, that's me. I can't change the 365 sign in settings on my browser unless I have a code from the authenticator app, but I can't add the account to the authenticator app without signing in to the account, which I can't do unless I have a code from the authenticator app. It's a loop just like described above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:26:47+00:00

    My husband had this issue and resolved it by speaking to someone in customer service. It took him many days to resolve it...being put on hold , transferred and waiting for someone to call him back. He had to be very pushy. Eventually someone was able to assist him.

    His advice: keep note of your case number and follow up on the same case number instead of creating new ones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:17:21+00:00

    If you are lucky, then you can enter those setting areas.

    Unfortunately, I cannot enter even those areas because, again, I see that screen asking for numbers, which I have to see on Microsoft authentication; it is crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:15:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I have my own business address, I am trying to solve the issue from there, but it is also not possible because I see the same loop in that account.

    I have also deleted Microsoft authentication from my mobile phone, but it is always asking the authentication; there is not any other option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:12:26+00:00

    Hi,

    I have my own business address, I am trying to solve the issue from there, but it is also not possible because I see the same loop in that account.

    I have also deleted Microsoft authentication from my mobile phone, but it is always asking the authentication; there is not any other option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments