Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS_726 30,090 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-26T19:38:41+00:00

    Hello Jesse,

    It appears you are using a work or school account, right?

    In that case, reach out to your organization's IT admin, they have access to the admin center to reset your multifactor authentication settings. That way you can re-configure it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-26T16:41:06+00:00

    Hello Jesse,

    I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app. Let me help you!

    You can try the following steps to resolve this issue:

    1. Uninstall the Microsoft Authenticator app from your device.
    2. Clear your browser cache and cookies.
    3. Reinstall the Microsoft Authenticator app.
    4. Sign in to your account using your email address and password.
    5. Follow the prompts to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app.

    You can also follow the recommendations shared in this thread.

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsof...

    If this doesn't work, you can try resetting your password and then setting up the Microsoft Authenticator app again.

    I hope this helps.

    Kind regards,

    Jayzar

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments