Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T22:28:13+00:00

    I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

    If you are on a work account, you most likely need to have your administrator reset your Entra MFA (multifactor authentication) so you can re-establish Microsoft Authenticator on the new device.

    Kind regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-27T20:34:09+00:00

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T12:37:14+00:00

    Thanks! This worked for me as well!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T15:22:56+00:00

    Hi Chris, have you figured out a solution yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T15:22:26+00:00

    Hi John, have you figured out a solution yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments