Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T19:30:53+00:00

    This the worst service I have ever come across I have to sign in using a different email address than the one I cannot login into to even get to write a message here in the hope that someone will take pity and mercy on my absolutely disastrous predicament. There is no phone number to get to in an emergency and this is an emergency I am totally and utterly stuck in a loop with the authenticator app. The app asks me to login and then brings me back to looking for the authenticator. I cannot login as normal as I am not getting the authenticator app to work properly leaving me in an infinite loop. I need to be able to switch off the authenticator on my email but I have no way of logging in at all and I am the admin.

    Can someone please help me this is the utmost urgency and I have never seen anything so ridiculous happen in over 20 years working in software. But really this is not just an annoyed rant it really is important and I am in dire need to get into my email as I have important emails and documents that need urgent attention.

    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T22:52:18+00:00

    Does not work, I am still stuck in an infinite loop & cannot access my work emails.

    I am about to change over to another email company, this is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:17:21+00:00

    If you are lucky, then you can enter those setting areas.

    Unfortunately, I cannot enter even those areas because, again, I see that screen asking for numbers, which I have to see on Microsoft authentication; it is crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:15:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I have my own business address, I am trying to solve the issue from there, but it is also not possible because I see the same loop in that account.

    I have also deleted Microsoft authentication from my mobile phone, but it is always asking the authentication; there is not any other option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:12:26+00:00

    Hi,

    I have my own business address, I am trying to solve the issue from there, but it is also not possible because I see the same loop in that account.

    I have also deleted Microsoft authentication from my mobile phone, but it is always asking the authentication; there is not any other option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments