Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T15:12:44+00:00

    I was able to fix it from my end by doing a clean-ish uninstall, reboot, then reinstall. So far, no flicking when joining a meeting when Teams is not running.

    Deleted the following files and folders in addition to the Teams app:

    • ~/Library/Caches/ — com.microsoft.teams
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

    Restarted and reinstalled. I'm on MacOS 13.5.2

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T05:15:25+00:00

    Is anyone going to look at this issue? This is affecting multiple clients of my in different organisations, and appears to be a bug in the Mac version of MS Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-13T08:46:53+00:00

    I experience the same issue on different Macs, all after recent update. I do not recognize the problem with Force Quitting, that does work and allows me to then start the Teams app separately and launch the meeting from there. I do believe it has something to do with the Teams update by the way, not an Apple update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-12T22:46:03+00:00

    Same issue here. Please elevate priority to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T16:26:42+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue myself, was a solution ever found?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments