Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-28T07:51:27+00:00

    You should prioritize and fix this ASAP.

    This bug can seriously TRIGGER EPILEPTIC SEIZURES in people affected by the condition

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T13:42:32+00:00

    We have the same problem with users who have updated to temas version 1.6.00.22155 on their macs.

    Users on older versions for example: 1.6.00.11156 have no problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T15:52:06+00:00

    I have a support ticket open with MS right now. I sent them logs and videos of this issue. They just escalated up to the Product Group Team. Im waiting to hear from them next.

    Everyone needs to open up more tickets about this rather then posting on here, because they are telling me they have not heard of this issue yet....mind you I also sent them this link to this forum so they had no excuse of not hearing about it anymore.

    Ill let ya'll know what the Product Group Team says next...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-05T15:21:30+00:00

    I also have been experiencing this issue for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

    It had been working perfectly for years.

    I am using version 1.6.00.22155.

    As per above, if I open Teams first and THEN click on a meeting link from Outlook E-Mail or Calendar, there is no issue.

    Please fix!!!

    -David Hutchinson

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T16:54:58+00:00

    I am having this same issues across our company on Mac users. This did not happen on the older version of Teams only when version 1.6.00.22155 was pushed out.

    I have a ticket open with MS. Hopefully they will have a fix for me soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments