Will Teams add a draw on screen feature when sharing a screen

Anonymous
2020-06-10T21:26:01+00:00

We are financial advisors who like to highlight things on a clients account or plan when having a virtual meeting.  Currently we have to use Go-To Meeting to allow us to draw or highlight data to call it out.  Has MS Teams considered adding a feature to allow users to highlight or draw on a shared screen which may be a document or website?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T19:00:15+00:00

    Whenever someone invites me to a Teams meeting, I immediately send them my Zoom room. It is kinda like using IE to download Chrome, I connect to Teams just to send the Zoom link. I think this is the only feature Teams is missing to allow for better communication.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T20:00:26+00:00

    There's a feature request on MS Teams' Uservoice page at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32026894-ability-for-meeting-participants-to-draw-on-shared

    I wholeheartedly agree that this is a critical feature that is missing from MS Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-17T06:37:41+00:00

    I'm running into the same issue - going from slack to Teams, and BAM hit this brick wall... Question is... Is anyone from Microsoft doing anything about it, or is this just a gripe session.. I'd REALLY like to know, so I know if MS will ever do something about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T19:31:58+00:00

    Agreed. my work uses Zoom for customers and larger meetings but Teams for 1-1 meetings. I might switch to zoom because I need to teach staff and I just love that feature in Zoom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T07:15:09+00:00

    Amazing this still isnt a feature.. the company I work for made the shift from slack to teams and the lack of drawing is something we complain about on a dayly basis..

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments