Microsoft Teams Error 80090016 "Your computer's trusted platform module has malfunctioned"

Anonymous
2020-06-19T10:31:01+00:00

Whenever I try to login to Teams I get this error, and it's really weird because once I was able to login but all my chats disappeared and I wasn't in the team I'm supposed to be. Teams used to work just fine on my computer until yesterday after I had to unplug my HDD and plug it back in (which shouldn't matter since teams is on my SSD). I have already tried clearing TPM on both windows and bios, deleting everything inside the NFC folder, disabling ADAL on the registry, rebooting, reinstalling Teams and some more. I can normally add the account to my windows accounts and use it on Outlook, but Teams just doesn't like it. Another weird thing is that in Chrome I can't access teams browser version (stuck on loading screen infinitely) but I can just fine in Edge. Teams mobile on my phone also works, I have no clue what's going on.

Edit: I don't know how but I managed to finally login. I don't know what caused it to work but I removed and readded my account to windows, uninstalled Office, tried again when I got the error on teams and logged in and all of a sudden it worked. If anyone has any idea of what could be the problem please answer in case it happens with someone else or again with me.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-02T12:07:05+00:00

Hello Volks,

Problem solved; but not with the above Solution.

Here is what worked for me:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3cb96e0-2216-4e65-805f-9d1e7594890c/outlook-365-trusted-platform-module-error-code-80090016#:~:text=The%20error%20message%20%22Something%20went%20wrong%22%20along%20with,volume.%20Solution%3A%20Deleting%20the%20Contents%20of%20Ngc%20Folder.

in Short: Solution for me is to delete this Folder:

C:\users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy

(this Folder is generated new when you logon again...)

but nevertheless i had a strange behavior:

When i logged on for the first time after deleting the above mentioned folder a WINDOWS Question asks if

my Organisation can handle my (Windows)"Machine" with Button <OK> 

or with a small  Link Text: "No only want to login to this App".

If i hit the Button <OK> then i had the same Error Code 80090016... :-(

Second Try i hit the Link Text: "No only want to login to this App" and then

Windows is initializing the Teams-Window and Starts the App :-|

Great MS...

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-30T03:45:28+00:00

    i can't login to my Microsoft team can you check please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T10:15:49+00:00

    Helle I can't access online classses, please help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-04T09:46:04+00:00

    The method above worked for me, that is:

    Deleting: C:\users&lt;user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy

    And selecting: "No only want to login to this App".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments