Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T08:12:37+00:00

    I also have a poly 8220 headset with a base unit on my desktop.

    All firmware on headset and base is up to date according to HUB software, Teams is up to date. And no weather I use mute button in Teams or mute button on headset it is the same: mute activated and immediately after mute deactivated.

    But is working fine in all other software but not Teams, it is quite a problem due to all the increased numbers of Teams meetings on daily basis.

    Has also tried pover off base and headset and disconnect usb cable between PC and base unit.

    Solved by exiting HUB software under Teams meetings. THX to JoostDerks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T00:26:55+00:00

    Hello d,

    Do you have Skype installed in your device? It seems like an compatibility issue when both Teams and Skype are running.

    You may check on this UserVoice:

    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555...

    You can also check on this link for more information about Control calls using a headset in Teams:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cont...

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-12T21:51:58+00:00

    I have the Plantronics - Savi 8220 Microsoft certified version. I have been using it for over a year perfectly fine. Yesterday, the mute button on the mic arm stopped working. Nothing has changed on my computer (no updates, add or removes).

    I don't even know what the problem is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T16:32:44+00:00

    UPDATE (from the OP):

    My W8220-M is, again, no longer syncing with Teams. :(

    It has been working since October 2020 and stopped working on 07/15/2021.

    What has changed? Please help. dAVEb

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T00:58:40+00:00

    PROBLEM RESOLVED:

    I have a Plantronics PLT Calisto P7200 and was having the same problem with MS Teams integration. At times the mute button on the Calisto 7200 would mute/unmute in MS Teams and other times it didn't work.

    When looking at the device settings in MS Teams, the Calisto showed up as two separate devices. One of the devices as the plugged in USB and the other was connecting through Bluetooth.

    1. Plantronics Calisto 7200 (USB)
    2. PLT P7200 Series Hands-Free AG Audio (Bluetooth)

    (Please see image below)

    If I select the first device (Plantronics Calisto 7200), the mute button on the Calisto WILL mute/unmute MS Teams

    If I select the second device (PLT P7200 Series Hands-Free AG Audio), the mute button on the Calisto WILL NOT mute/unmute MS Teams

    If I turn off Bluetooth on the Calisto by holding in the Bluetooth button until the blue light goes out, the problem also goes away because the PLT P7200 Series Hands-Free AG Audio device disappears from Device settings (see below)

    I can assume that the function does not work when on a Bluetooth connection but does when plugged in via USB. I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments