How do I delete a Microsoft teams account on my Android

Anonymous
2020-06-14T06:34:34+00:00

How do i delete Microsoft teams account on my Android

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-10T07:48:18+00:00

    Hey all,

    Just ignore all the other answers & focus on this one.

    If you have an old account that you need to get rid of.

    Go to your Microsoft company intune portal & simply remove the old account by referring below workaround.

    If you are unable to log into teams as the remove account pop up window gets refreshed quickly.

    Try to login with new account in outlook first you will get remove old account option from company intune portal. Your device will then be untagged from the old account.

    Then go back and login into your other apps with new account.

    Let me know if that works for you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-28T16:26:41+00:00

    It's great to know that this works. I agree with S Garnell's comment, this is a bug in MS code on Android. Deleting an 'orphan' work account works cleanly on PC and iPad (in my experience) and it was a royal pain on Android. It is common to need to access multiple third party Teams accounts using InTune controls, sequentially, on a single mobile device during its life. I hope that MS is 'listening' and will fix this bug soon

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-06T18:21:34+00:00

    Thanks very much Manira, this is what worked for me.

    I would clear Teams Cache first, then data.

    It would retain the account data.

    Even after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, it would continue to retain my account I was trying to remove.

    I also put it in airplane mode, but was seemingly pulling the data from Company Portal data, even though I removed all accounts in the Android accounts settings.

    So, once I clear the cache and data (WHY does it have to be in order) Than I did the same for Company Portal and the account was gone.

    BTW Microsoft - this is just an Android issue, my iPhone 15.4 will mention the problem you can't log in, because you already have an account and do you wish to remove it, you click yes and can sign in.

    Whereas my Android v11 or v12 logs in and says error contact your admin, but doesn't say you can only have one account associated with your app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-13T13:47:28+00:00

    Signing out also works. Albeit a bit of a pain when the sign-in window keeps popping up. Had to click fast by opening settings going down to the sign out option and clicking yes to sign out, got there in the end, thanks for the tip.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-04T22:06:34+00:00

    I did the same just now but had to reboot my phone for the login loop to stop. Then with it restarting while in airplane mode I was able to sign out of the account and it is now gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments