Mouse of presenter slow/unusable/flickering when sharing screen in Microsoft Teams. Unusable when giving control. Via Remote desktop

Anonymous
2020-03-26T15:19:57+00:00

Hi,

We experience the following:

  1. Person "Alice" starts a Teams-Screensharing with "Bob" via the Chat->Screensharing
  2. The mouse of "Alice" is now reacting slow and less usable. It is shaking / flickering. When Alice moves the mouse, the cursor lags behind or shakes.
  3. When "Alice" gives "Bob" control, Alice cannot move her own Mouse-pointer anymore. Bob, who has control, can move the mouse and work on Alice' desktop. Alice cannot move her mouse, so she can't revoke screensharing and also not take away control from Bob. Only if Bob gives up control, Alice can use her desktop again.

When the presenter tries to move her mouse pointer, it is shaking, flickering, slow, dragging. When in addition "giving control" to someone, the mouse is unusable and the remote controller has all control, whereas the presenter loses all mouse control.

(adding synonyms here for people who also search for this problem)

Circumstances under which this happens:

  • Microsoft Teams runs on two PCs "PC-A" and "PC-B" in the same local company network. The PCs are close to each other, no network latency. PC-A (Alice) shares the desktop with PC-B (Bob).
  • Alice sits physically in front of an Acer Laptop and uses VPN, a home internet connection, and Microsoft Remote-Desktop (mstsc.exe) to connect to her "PC-A", which is at the company. Between the Acer Laptop and PC-A there is network latency and limited bandwith as her internet at home is consumer-grade.
  • Bob sits physically in front of his "PC-B".
  • Bob could also be logged in via VPN&remote-desktop like Alice if he works from home-office. The problem is the same.
  • All are Windows 10 with recent patch-level.
  • The two screens of her Laptop and PC-A have different resolutions.
  • Teams is a fresh install a week ago.

If Alice and Bob sit physically in front of PC-A and PC-B, the problem does not occur. Then, there are mutliple mouse-pointers shown and screen sharing with Microsoft Teams works fine.

I suspect it is related to remote desktop (mstsc.exe) and the way that the mouse is moved when being remotely connected. Screen resolutions differ, too.

Did anybody experience this, too?

Any idea how to resolve it?

We could start Teams on the Acer Laptop, but that would open other problems.

kind regards

Leo

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T02:05:06+00:00

    Any update to this?  What I'm experiencing is when screen sharing via Teams via Remote Desktop, the mouse acts like one of those ball mouse that needs to be cleaned.  This only happens when the cursor has a "black square" underneath it.  I have no idea why the black square is following me and causes the erratic mouse movement.  Can we disable to "black square"?

    This black square is blocking the text i'm highlighting as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T09:02:24+00:00

    Exactly my question: Is anyone working on this? Please somebody from Microsoft respond. You cannot be serious about saying "This is not our problem, ask the RemoteDesktop-Team".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-16T21:33:55+00:00

    Hi Again,

    I noticed the jittery mouse and jittery video when I share "Desktop" only.  If I share a particular open file the "jitters" are not present.

    Is anyone working on this?

    Thanks,

    Lino

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T15:36:28+00:00

    When I use RDC to my work PC and set up a Teams meeting with someone outside of work network I have not seen the issue. I have set my home PC and work PC to use TCP/IP. It's only an issue when the Teams meeting is with people at work that are also RDC to their machines at work from their home PC.  Not sure I've seen this issue with Skype. This week I will try RDC on my iPad and see what happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-09T09:44:58+00:00

    My situation is I am using remote desktop connection to connect to my work laptop on which I am running teams and sharing the screen and I had the same issues with the mouse. 

    I discovered if I run teams on my local machine rather than the remote one to present I had no problems.

    Hope this helps someone as it fixed the issue for me.

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments