MSI Center and Device Manager are show two very different things

Anonymous
2021-12-30T17:21:38+00:00

Something weird is going on with my drivers. Msi center says I have the lastest Realtek network driver yet Device manager says I have one from an older date. The one that MSI states says it should be the one most up to date. I did the update via MSI center because my gaming pc was been BSOD for the last week and a half randomly on Destiny 2. It says the error is related to AFD.Sys which is related to the network adapter.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2021-12-30T17:39:05+00:00

    Realtek driver version numbers are "dated" --- 714 means July 14 2021, 909 means Sept 9 2021.

    There is a newer one on Realtek's website.

    https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-30T18:01:04+00:00

    This is the new date now. Just installed the new driver but Msi still days it differently

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2021-12-30T18:46:31+00:00

    It seems that MSI center only cares about what their own supplied drivers, so don't worry about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-30T19:13:37+00:00

    I still do have the problem of my computer bsod relating to afd.sys. That is conntected to my network adapter. So I still have that probelm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-12-30T20:13:59+00:00

    Hi Anshuman,

    My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

    Please share memory dump to OneDrive for analysis.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Is this PC home assembled?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments