MSI Center and Device Manager are show two very different things

Anonymous
2021-12-30T17:21:38+00:00

Something weird is going on with my drivers. Msi center says I have the lastest Realtek network driver yet Device manager says I have one from an older date. The one that MSI states says it should be the one most up to date. I did the update via MSI center because my gaming pc was been BSOD for the last week and a half randomly on Destiny 2. It says the error is related to AFD.Sys which is related to the network adapter.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-12-31T15:59:09+00:00

    Dump says: The operating system detected an error in a networking driver.

    Do you have any third party tools for network security, protection, connection and so on?

    Please reinstall Realtek network driver from MSI support site.

    Repair system files by

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    command from Windows PowerShell (administrator) environment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-30T23:52:42+00:00

    I turned on driver verifier and it caused my computer not to startup so I had to use a restore point but I did get another dump file. Could this be the culprit. Here is a link to the zip file of the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlneEVwNSp0DhBEQ56yTvUZKDHuc?e=7xpmYH

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-12-30T23:23:57+00:00

    You may run verifier and use PC as usual. But verifier will make PC slower.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-30T23:17:09+00:00

    I did do a few changes. I reinstalled windows 11 last night and I using msi i did a few updates. Also I was playing destiny 2 when the crashes happened. What if I turn on driver verifier and I dont play destiny 2?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-12-30T22:23:37+00:00

    There may be some driver misbehavior.

    Please repair system files by

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    command from Windows PowerShell (administrator) environment.

    And use driver verifier to gather additional information.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/244617...

    Run verifier /standard /all command, reboot PC and use it as usual. If blue screen happens please share memory dumps to OneDrive for analysis.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments