MSI Center and Device Manager are show two very different things

Anonymous
2021-12-30T17:21:38+00:00

Something weird is going on with my drivers. Msi center says I have the lastest Realtek network driver yet Device manager says I have one from an older date. The one that MSI states says it should be the one most up to date. I did the update via MSI center because my gaming pc was been BSOD for the last week and a half randomly on Destiny 2. It says the error is related to AFD.Sys which is related to the network adapter.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T00:40:02+00:00

    I did yet the date when the driver's installs contradicts the one on the msi site. The one on the msi gives a version from july. The one from the Realtek site takes me to a version from october. This is driving me crazy

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-01-02T23:51:53+00:00

    Unfortunately I cannot guarantee this will help.

    And please update motherboard and/or chipset drivers from MSI site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-02T21:27:47+00:00

    No but will that solve my problem? What if it is just driver-related. Also does the card have to be wireless or ethernet? I could also wait for anothrer PCIE update for my ethernet from windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-01-02T17:56:06+00:00

    Do you have PCI-E or USB network card or can you loan it? If yes, insert it in expansion slot and use it as network connection. In worst case you may buy it, cheapest is for ~$10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-02T00:40:02+00:00

    Desktop. Motherboard is b450 gaming plus max. Also what do I do after I disable the network adapter, a task I still don't know how to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments