MSI Center and Device Manager are show two very different things

Anonymous
2021-12-30T17:21:38+00:00

Something weird is going on with my drivers. Msi center says I have the lastest Realtek network driver yet Device manager says I have one from an older date. The one that MSI states says it should be the one most up to date. I did the update via MSI center because my gaming pc was been BSOD for the last week and a half randomly on Destiny 2. It says the error is related to AFD.Sys which is related to the network adapter.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-01-03T22:59:53+00:00

    Sorry for my mistake. Please use Windows 11 installation media. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    But if problem re-arised after reinstall, it may be related with hardware.

    You may use any type of Internet connection and corresponding PCI-e card or USB adapter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T21:48:45+00:00

    I am using windows 11 not windows 10. Also I tried doing a reinstall. It worked fine for a few days then crashed again. I will try it again. Also are we talking about a ethernet card or a wifi card

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-01-03T21:26:50+00:00

    Yes, that is I've asked for. I'm very sorry but I cannot detect the exact reason of BSOD unfortunately. I do not see any clues.
    Please try so called repair install. Сreate Windows installation media as described at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... but do not boot from it, run setup.exe file from running Windows instead. This will keep all your files, apps and settings.

    If this will not help, I can suggest only trying another network card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T20:31:48+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T20:21:42+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments