MSI Center and Device Manager are show two very different things

Anonymous
2021-12-30T17:21:38+00:00

Something weird is going on with my drivers. Msi center says I have the lastest Realtek network driver yet Device manager says I have one from an older date. The one that MSI states says it should be the one most up to date. I did the update via MSI center because my gaming pc was been BSOD for the last week and a half randomly on Destiny 2. It says the error is related to AFD.Sys which is related to the network adapter.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T19:51:52+00:00

    I have tried contacting MSi with no answer back. Could their be some corrupt in my system causing the bsods?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-01-03T19:30:53+00:00

    You may ask MSI support for clarification, I have no answer unfortunately.

    Do you have some troubles with this driver? If not, I'd ignore these numbers difference as non-significant. Please note, there is the same part in numbers, 1.714.2021 So this could be minor cosmetic bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T17:48:18+00:00

    I uninstalled the driver and put in the one from the msi website for my mother board and here is the info I got. For someon reason it is installing a completely different driver for me. The msi site says Version 11.1.714.2021but mine now says 1168.1.714.2021Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-01-03T15:55:46+00:00

    Realtek gives the general driver. MSI could (or could not) made small changes in hardware. So i recommend to trust MSI site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T00:40:02+00:00

    I did yet the date when the driver's installs contradicts the one on the msi site. The one on the msi gives a version from july. The one from the Realtek site takes me to a version from october. This is driving me crazy

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments