Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-22T20:39:07+00:00

    I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

    * Moved from Community Participation Center

    * Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

    I got banned to day for saying to a CHEATER why you **** everyone your acting like a little angry girl. I have sent Microsoft a Email about it and they won't get back to me about it. So Microsoft won't banned CHEATERS bit they will banned me for saying your acting like a little angry girl 🤔

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-21T06:12:43+00:00

    There was a gal that the same thing happened to her. I think they need to oil up the bot. It's not letting good comments thru and leaving the racial nasty remarks there. I was on Microsoft edge and couldn't log in to comment. Went over to Chrome and I can post now

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-19T21:39:48+00:00

    Before you found out you were banned were you all of a sudden not able to sign it? And how do you find out if you're banned. At least twitter sends an email about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments