(LENOVO) Camera locked on Windows 11 (Camera app and other apps that use the camera)

Anonymous
2022-01-03T21:46:25+00:00

EDIT: I ended up fixing it. I don't know if it was an actual OS system issue or just a manufacturer issue (I suspect the second), but I was able to activate the camera disabling a "Privacy Mode" that was somehow enabled in a manufacturer built-in app (laptop is a Lenovo, app is Lenovo Vintage) despite the Privacy settings disabled in the OS settings.


Hi everyone:

I was about to start a meeting and my camera (the one that's part of my laptop) wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling driver and scanning for hardware changes, rebooting, shutting down, and nothing. It was working fine the last time I used it, around a week ago, and I don't remember doing any changes or installing anything since then.

I would thank you for any guidance on how to proceed to get my camera working (I have an USB one but it's a bit of a hassle)

Thanks in advance.

J.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-21T05:39:14+00:00

Lenovo Vantage setting was also overriding the Win 11 camera setting for me. Thanks for posting the edit to point to that as an issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T21:58:03+00:00

    I had the exact same problem. Thanks for posting what you did to fix it. I had not idea about the Lenovo Vantage app.

    Glad to have helped !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T21:59:57+00:00

    There is also a hotkey F8 (at least on my laptop) which turns the camera on and off. I never noticed it until I saw your post and then googled Lenovo hotkeys...

    Yup, I have that same hotkey, does the same thing that Lenovo Vantage did to the camera.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T23:11:26+00:00

    This is great information to have!! Thanks for sharing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T00:20:20+00:00

    I did not know what that key was for exactly. Good to know now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments