Lenovo Vantage setting was also overriding the Win 11 camera setting for me. Thanks for posting the edit to point to that as an issue.
(LENOVO) Camera locked on Windows 11 (Camera app and other apps that use the camera)
EDIT: I ended up fixing it. I don't know if it was an actual OS system issue or just a manufacturer issue (I suspect the second), but I was able to activate the camera disabling a "Privacy Mode" that was somehow enabled in a manufacturer built-in app (laptop is a Lenovo, app is Lenovo Vintage) despite the Privacy settings disabled in the OS settings.
Hi everyone:
I was about to start a meeting and my camera (the one that's part of my laptop) wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling driver and scanning for hardware changes, rebooting, shutting down, and nothing. It was working fine the last time I used it, around a week ago, and I don't remember doing any changes or installing anything since then.
I would thank you for any guidance on how to proceed to get my camera working (I have an USB one but it's a bit of a hassle)
Thanks in advance.
J.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-01-05T21:12:47+00:00 How the USB camera has the same problem, restoring Windows to a previous point should fix this problem.
1-Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button
2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
3-Go to Troubleshoot.
4-Now, go to Advanced Options >System Restore
5-Select a date before the problem starts and click to restore.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-15T13:37:02+00:00 I ended up fixing it and did not get to try this, but thank you very much for all the help. (It looks like a manufacturer built-in app had somehow activated an extra layer of privacy protection)
-
Anonymous
2022-02-21T23:04:13+00:00 Great, glad to hear that !!