(LENOVO) Camera locked on Windows 11 (Camera app and other apps that use the camera)

Anonymous
2022-01-03T21:46:25+00:00

EDIT: I ended up fixing it. I don't know if it was an actual OS system issue or just a manufacturer issue (I suspect the second), but I was able to activate the camera disabling a "Privacy Mode" that was somehow enabled in a manufacturer built-in app (laptop is a Lenovo, app is Lenovo Vintage) despite the Privacy settings disabled in the OS settings.


Hi everyone:

I was about to start a meeting and my camera (the one that's part of my laptop) wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling driver and scanning for hardware changes, rebooting, shutting down, and nothing. It was working fine the last time I used it, around a week ago, and I don't remember doing any changes or installing anything since then.

I would thank you for any guidance on how to proceed to get my camera working (I have an USB one but it's a bit of a hassle)

Thanks in advance.

J.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-21T05:39:14+00:00

Lenovo Vantage setting was also overriding the Win 11 camera setting for me. Thanks for posting the edit to point to that as an issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T19:59:06+00:00

    You didn't answer my question...just said glad to hear that, um...

    Have a great day!😁

    I said that cause I was replying to another commenter's question. I'm afraid I can't answer your question, since you were asking about RobinsonSilvestre's comment, and I have no idea if their suggestion actually works.

    But if you're having this problem with your camera and your computer is a Lenovo, turning off Privacy Mode in Lenovo Vintage should solve the problem, as stated in my original post

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-22T22:05:53+00:00

    Hallo,

    gleiches Problem, alles ausprobiert - aber in ASUS VivoBook. In den Einstellungen / Geräte steht Kamera ist aktiv und funktioniert. Alle Einstellungen sind erfolgt, aber Teams Meeting, Zoom, Google Duo... keine Kamera funktioniert. Dachte es könnt die App sein, "Repaieren" und dann sogar neu installation ausgeführt. Keine Änderung.

    Bitte deshalb um Hilfe. Brauche die Kamera und hatte sie bisher noch nie im Gebrauch, dafür jetzt dringend notwendig.

    Danke vorab und vg Koni

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-18T11:57:01+00:00

    How did you end up fixing it? i have this exact problem but i cant find the built-in app and turn off the extra layer of privacy protection

    Edit: i figured it out, just had to read your edit

    Glad to hear that !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T23:04:13+00:00

    Great, glad to hear that !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments