Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Anonymous
2021-12-15T22:06:30+00:00

Hello,

I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-30T02:21:00+00:00

    Good luck might get a call from support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T04:51:49+00:00
    Hi,<br><br><br><br>I see you have compensated a customer for killing their computer. May I also get compensation? The most recent Windows 11 update that I didn’t want killed my PC. I only ask you pay for a mini PC that I purchased last night - total $192.78. As a new youtuber, my broken PC was my bread and butter.<br><br><br><br>Thanks What is this all about ???
    Post a reply <br> ---

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-27T19:45:39+00:00

    Hi,

    I see you have compensated a customer for killing their computer. May I also get compensation? The most recent Windows 11 update that I didn’t want killed my PC. I only ask you pay for a mini PC that I purchased last night - total $192.78. As a new youtuber, my broken PC was my bread and butter.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-18T10:28:15+00:00

    ?? No! Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Pro are fair more stable platforms with less bugs in it than Windows 11. It will take their development team some time to work it all out. Once they do then I will upgrade like others.

    Its makes no sense to have an OS, Destroy your expensive CPU over unseen bugs that throttle it into madness. I have been running Windows 10 pro successfully now with a good malware destroyer for over 9 months now with no real issues at all! . When it comes to productivity, no one can put faith in system that crashes all the time within 7 minutes?? No thanks.

    It was either do this or abandon the whole thing and buy a Mac Book. Or Run Linux! Which is a whole lot stable and faster than many of the windows products every put out.

    But for some reason , I have always loved, Windows 2000 Professional! and Windows 95 and XP more than anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T10:41:21+00:00

    NO ONE ASKD FOR THIS POS UPDATE< WHy CANT I SEARCH AND FIND MY FILES OR RUN A SLIDESHOW ANYMORE_IDIOTS NEED TO TEST THIS **** BEFORE YOU FORCE IT ON US_YOU OWE ME 3500

    DOLLARS FOR THIS MACHINE I JUS BOUGHT THAT IS NOW USELESS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments