Just curious, what type of computer do you have? I'm on an Inspiron 7506. Maybe something weird with Dell drivers?
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-04-25T23:01:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-04-25T23:37:59+00:00 I have a Dell Inspiron 7306. It might be something to do with Dell drivers...
-
Anonymous
2022-04-26T01:10:31+00:00 Since its back when you thought it was gone, are you absolutely sure it doesn't also happen on Windows 10?
I've never seen this on either of them. However, people do have weird things on laptops involving the keyboard that are manufacturer related. If its a desktop then it should be the keyboard or you are installing software that conflicts and does a weird thing.
When I had a keyboard go, it initially did weird things to a bunch of keys in an area of the board all around the e key and at first it would go away. So its very similar to a physical board failure regardless.
-
Anonymous
2022-04-26T09:09:51+00:00 I have a Dell Inspiron 7306 2n1. I've not experienced the issues since I reinstalled (fingers crossed).
I feel for you RileyAtkins1 - it's really annoying and the fix should not be a reinstall.
-
Anonymous
2022-05-17T12:13:00+00:00 I've had a bit of a breakthrough with this. I usually always have bluetooth on as I use the pen on my laptop. But recently since I've been keeping my bluetooth turned off and I've realised that this issue is not present when bluetooth is off. I've checked a few times but so far that's what it looks like. Idk what this means but this might help some of you here. And no I really did not have this issue in Windows 10 which makes me feel like it's a driver compatibility issue. But it is still quite annoying.