I just finished up speaking to microsoft support and they said that some of my drivers and system files may have been corrupted and had me do a fresh install of windows 11. It kept all my files and removed only applications that didn't come with the laptop. It was a bit of a hassle to re-download all of that stuff but it's definitely resolved the problem. Would recommend contacting microsoft support
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-01-28T17:51:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-30T18:38:39+00:00 Thanks BNXH.
I have also reinstalled Windows 11 and no problems so far.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-01T20:30:17+00:00 My problem is back again. I am very frustrated
-
Anonymous
2022-04-25T19:05:02+00:00 Hey BNXH,
Have you been able to find a solution for this? I have also had the issue, reinstalled, and then it came back after a couple months
-
Anonymous
2022-04-25T21:15:08+00:00 No I haven't been able to find a solution and now the problem is back. It is incredibly annoying. I'm sorry that I can't be of help...