Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T21:42:44+00:00

    I have added this complaint on feedback hub. Hoping for it to be solved soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T11:51:12+00:00

    The problem also occurs with the left Ctrl button. The right Ctrl button works as expected.

    What a mess!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T11:57:29+00:00

    Yes! Yes! I have had issues with shortcuts like ctrl+c or ctrl+b and it is heavily impacting my workflow

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-28T14:17:57+00:00

    Have you found any solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-28T14:29:51+00:00

    None at all.

    Fed up and reverting back to Windows 10 over the weekend.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments