Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-16T15:49:35+00:00

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I just wasted a day and half trying to fix this problem with shift key not working and unable to highlight and just by disconnecting the pen from bluetooth the problem is resolved. This happened after a windows 11 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-01T02:25:36+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem as you, I am using Macbook pro (x86), Win11 is installed as a secondary OS.

    As mentioned above, this is related to Bluetooth, I have a DIY bluetooth keyboard that using this library https://github.com/T-vK/ESP32-BLE-Keyboard, the problem appears when this devices is connect to my laptop via bluetooth, now I made my laplop "forget" this device, and the problem is gone.

    This problem does not appear on my Thinkpad, which is win10This problem does not appear on my MacOS in this MacBookThis problem does not appear on my Logi bluetooth keyboard that connecting to this MacBook

    For future readers: If you find such problem as well, especially problem only on left shift, ctrl keys, not the right ones, try to focus on your bluetooth devices, testing by turn off the Bluetooth, then re-pair the devices to see which device could trigger this defect.

    My system info:Release:    Windows 11 pro21H222000.19361000.22001.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-04T22:30:23+00:00

    Windows Support just helped me with this issue - left Shift and Ctrl buttons not working (randomly working and then not working).

    Start -> check for updates -> optional updates -> driver updates -> select all -> update & restart windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-15T11:45:06+00:00

    Found the solution. It seems mostly to do with Dell 7306+ the 771 pen. You can prove this by disabling bluetooth / remove the pairing of the pen. Remove pairing and pair again solves the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments