Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T09:09:51+00:00

    I have a Dell Inspiron 7306 2n1. I've not experienced the issues since I reinstalled (fingers crossed).

    I feel for you RileyAtkins1 - it's really annoying and the fix should not be a reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T01:10:31+00:00

    Since its back when you thought it was gone, are you absolutely sure it doesn't also happen on Windows 10?

    I've never seen this on either of them. However, people do have weird things on laptops involving the keyboard that are manufacturer related. If its a desktop then it should be the keyboard or you are installing software that conflicts and does a weird thing.

    When I had a keyboard go, it initially did weird things to a bunch of keys in an area of the board all around the e key and at first it would go away. So its very similar to a physical board failure regardless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-25T23:37:59+00:00

    I have a Dell Inspiron 7306. It might be something to do with Dell drivers...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-25T23:01:41+00:00

    Just curious, what type of computer do you have? I'm on an Inspiron 7506. Maybe something weird with Dell drivers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-25T21:15:08+00:00

    No I haven't been able to find a solution and now the problem is back. It is incredibly annoying. I'm sorry that I can't be of help...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments