Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-15T15:12:51+00:00

    Same problem here. Upgraded from win10 to win11 and since i'm experiencing that super annoying issue with the SHIFT key not working consistently. It's working sometimes and sometimes not. It's a nightmare really... I'm on a laptop.. HP Omen. it's clearly a driver issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-18T21:34:45+00:00

    Thanks for the update. I don't have the laptop with me now but I'll try rolling back the Bluetooth drivers and see if that gets me anywhere

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T12:15:44+00:00

    It goes away when I turn off bluetooth? Idk if that's something you might have already tried but so far that's what works for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T12:14:49+00:00

    Hi!

    No,it didn't happen when in Windows 10, because I used my laptop for more than a year before the update and there was no issue but as soon as I updated, it began. And then when I had the chance to roll back I did it and then also the problem magically disappeared. So I still think it's related to Windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T12:13:00+00:00

    I've had a bit of a breakthrough with this. I usually always have bluetooth on as I use the pen on my laptop. But recently since I've been keeping my bluetooth turned off and I've realised that this issue is not present when bluetooth is off. I've checked a few times but so far that's what it looks like. Idk what this means but this might help some of you here. And no I really did not have this issue in Windows 10 which makes me feel like it's a driver compatibility issue. But it is still quite annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments