Could you detail how you switched back to the old driver? I'm not very well versed in this but if your solution works I'm more than willing to try.
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-08-16T06:18:02+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-08-15T17:13:54+00:00 I also have a 7506 (Win11) and can confirm that turning bluetooth off fixes the problem. I was also having an issue selecting text (left click+hold and drag) and that too now works.
Update: it's the bluetooth pen that comes with the Inspiron 7506 combined with the Intel Bluetooth driver version 22.150.0.6
I had BT on and took the pen out to the garage. No problems. So I uninstalled 22.150 and tried to revert back to 22.140. It would not install because it reported that I already had a newer version installed. I checked device manager, and it reported that Bluetooth was using driver version 22.70.0.3.
Everything is now working correctly with the old driver. (Pen, earbuds, left shift, text select)
-
Anonymous
2022-07-12T23:02:12+00:00 this worked for me after months of frustration. dell laptop. what a mess
-
Anonymous
2022-06-15T20:11:14+00:00 i may have spoken too fast; The issue with the SHIFT key is still there... This issue is random.. what a frustrating one;;;
-
Anonymous
2022-06-15T19:42:22+00:00 I upgraded my laptop firmware and it seems that the SHIFT key issue has gone.