Confirming the experience of others. The button on my pen/stylus had failed. I removed the pen from bluetooth and the problem stopped. I have since replaced the pen, and it is connected with bluetooth, and still no problems.
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-16T12:24:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-15T22:54:24+00:00 Try disabling GAME MODE under settings if its switched on
-
Anonymous
2022-09-30T09:20:13+00:00 I was stress-free for 9 months until I used my pen on Tuesday. @MotoX80 is spot on - just remove the damn pen from your Bluetooth devices.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-16T18:17:34+00:00 Well... I'm confused... Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. After much trial and error, it seems to be working now, but I don't know why.
I have both the 22.130.0.2 driver from Dell, and the 22.150.0.6 from Intel installed. In device manager, Bluetooth, I can select the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) device and change the driver. I had originally removed 22.150.0.6 from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. That allowed me to install the Dell driver. They both appear to work.
I did find one post on a Dell site that said to delete and re-add the pen from the Bluetooth devices. I've done that multiple times. What I've noticed is that my pen still works after deleting it. I can select text and move windows around. What doesn't work is the button on the end of the pen. That appears to require Bluetooth.
I also noticed that the icon for Pen & Windows Ink Settings is showing in the system tray icons. I don't think that it was always there. When you have the problem, does that show up? You can enable that in the taskbar settings. https://tencomputer.com/use-pen-windows-ink-on-windows-10/
I wish I had a good answer for everyone who has this problem. Sorry. If you don't use the pen much, it looks like you can just delete it from your Bluetooth devices. That way you can leave Bluetooth itself turned on.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-16T11:52:08+00:00 I think that I spoke too soon. I tried it again this morning and the bad behavior is back. This is annoying. I'm going to keep playing around and may contact Dell. I'll reply if I find anything else.