Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T15:41:20+00:00

    Are you using Win11 Home or Win11 Home Single Language?

    I've installed all updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T13:48:50+00:00

    My Win11 22H2 Dell Inspiron 7506 has been working fine for months now.

    Have you installed all of the Microsoft updates? What about Dell/HP/Lenovo firmware and driver updates?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T12:27:20+00:00

    It does not help for me. Anyone of you here have solved the issued or just let it be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-02T01:58:31+00:00

    I have not had any problem since August.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-01T08:39:33+00:00

    Hi, is the issue solve for you all. I have the same issue too.
    Right shift is working perfectly just the left shift.

    I'm using Asus TUF Gaming. Not sure is it due to Win 11 driver on the keyboard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments