Try disabling GAME MODE under settings if its switched on
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-10-15T22:54:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-08-16T11:52:08+00:00 I think that I spoke too soon. I tried it again this morning and the bad behavior is back. This is annoying. I'm going to keep playing around and may contact Dell. I'll reply if I find anything else.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-16T06:18:02+00:00 Could you detail how you switched back to the old driver? I'm not very well versed in this but if your solution works I'm more than willing to try.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-12T23:02:12+00:00 this worked for me after months of frustration. dell laptop. what a mess
-
Anonymous
2022-06-15T20:11:14+00:00 i may have spoken too fast; The issue with the SHIFT key is still there... This issue is random.. what a frustrating one;;;