I upgraded my laptop firmware and it seems that the SHIFT key issue has gone.
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-06-15T19:42:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-05-18T21:34:45+00:00 Thanks for the update. I don't have the laptop with me now but I'll try rolling back the Bluetooth drivers and see if that gets me anywhere
-
Anonymous
2022-05-17T12:14:49+00:00 Hi!
No,it didn't happen when in Windows 10, because I used my laptop for more than a year before the update and there was no issue but as soon as I updated, it began. And then when I had the chance to roll back I did it and then also the problem magically disappeared. So I still think it's related to Windows 11
-
Anonymous
2022-04-26T01:10:31+00:00 Since its back when you thought it was gone, are you absolutely sure it doesn't also happen on Windows 10?
I've never seen this on either of them. However, people do have weird things on laptops involving the keyboard that are manufacturer related. If its a desktop then it should be the keyboard or you are installing software that conflicts and does a weird thing.
When I had a keyboard go, it initially did weird things to a bunch of keys in an area of the board all around the e key and at first it would go away. So its very similar to a physical board failure regardless.
-
Anonymous
2022-04-25T23:37:59+00:00 I have a Dell Inspiron 7306. It might be something to do with Dell drivers...