Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-16T12:24:28+00:00

    Confirming the experience of others. The button on my pen/stylus had failed. I removed the pen from bluetooth and the problem stopped. I have since replaced the pen, and it is connected with bluetooth, and still no problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-15T17:13:54+00:00

    I also have a 7506 (Win11) and can confirm that turning bluetooth off fixes the problem. I was also having an issue selecting text (left click+hold and drag) and that too now works.

    Update: it's the bluetooth pen that comes with the Inspiron 7506 combined with the Intel Bluetooth driver version 22.150.0.6

    I had BT on and took the pen out to the garage. No problems. So I uninstalled 22.150 and tried to revert back to 22.140. It would not install because it reported that I already had a newer version installed. I checked device manager, and it reported that Bluetooth was using driver version 22.70.0.3.

    Everything is now working correctly with the old driver. (Pen, earbuds, left shift, text select)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-25T23:01:41+00:00

    Just curious, what type of computer do you have? I'm on an Inspiron 7506. Maybe something weird with Dell drivers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-01T20:30:17+00:00

    My problem is back again. I am very frustrated

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T21:42:44+00:00

    I have added this complaint on feedback hub. Hoping for it to be solved soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments