I've had a bit of a breakthrough with this. I usually always have bluetooth on as I use the pen on my laptop. But recently since I've been keeping my bluetooth turned off and I've realised that this issue is not present when bluetooth is off. I've checked a few times but so far that's what it looks like. Idk what this means but this might help some of you here. And no I really did not have this issue in Windows 10 which makes me feel like it's a driver compatibility issue. But it is still quite annoying.
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-05-17T12:13:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-28T14:29:51+00:00 None at all.
Fed up and reverting back to Windows 10 over the weekend.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-26T21:34:54+00:00 I have the same problem after I opted to install Windows 11 today. It occurs on my laptop keyboard and wireless keyboard.
The other issue I have is losing the highlighted text or highlighting text stops working altogether using a mouse or left/right keys.
How can I uninstall this <expletives deleted> version?
@BNXH - my right shift button behaves as expected on both my laptop keyboard and wireless keyboard. Are you experiencing the same issue?
-
Anonymous
2022-01-26T21:42:02+00:00 Yes. The right shift and ctrl keys work absolutely fine. I also have issues with double tap on my touchpad and other misc issues. I would very much like this solved or else I will be going back to windows 10. The key problem persists on a wireless keyboard, so it is definitely a software issue.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-24T11:26:30+00:00 Hello,
I am using the laptop keyboard and it is not a wireless keyboard. I have checked for updates. This happened the last time I updated to Windows 11 and was not a problem when I went back to Windows 10 so I don't have reason to believe that it is a hardware issue. I have not tried a clean boot, will that affect my data in any way?
Thank you for your help