What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??

Anonymous
2021-12-30T08:12:59+00:00

For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T06:26:42+00:00

I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T17:16:16+00:00

This SearchApp.exe is literally making my other apps crash because of the amount of resources it is using... How about what ever the heck you all did to this... roll it back...

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-17T12:16:35+00:00

    Whenever I reinstalled windows 10, I always turn off Indexing.

    1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Right click on C:
    3. Choose Properties
    4. Uncheck "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed"
    5. Download this software Search Everything from this website https://www.voidtools.com/

    The search result is much more instant and light weight!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T18:20:20+00:00

    Wait a minute... you can't end the SEARCH APP? And plus, it's probably gonna hijack your browser. It might also be a UWP app. Remember that some pre-installed UWP might be bloat, including SearchApp.exe. And I think start in task manager will take up cpu usage and memory, just like feeds app.

    This might help some people with this. Feeds showing High Memory Usage in Windows 11/10 (thewindowsclub.com) And I hope the problem doesn't presist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-26T19:38:09+00:00

    Please remove the SearchApp.exe from my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments