I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!
What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??
For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-08-13T18:22:05+00:00 Yes, I kinda classify that as a malware many people don't find that important, even some antiviruses excluding Windows Defender..
Also, many people hate cortana, and disable it in search indexing.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-27T11:01:45+00:00 No, it’s Microsoft pre installed program that controls Cortana
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more